State Technical Officer
The Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief (LTR) Initiative Nigeria formerly NLR Nigeria is a non-governmental organization which has been working with Nigeria Government in promoting and supporting directly and indirectly the total eradication of Leprosy and Tuberculosis as well as their consequences in Nigeria.
LTR, through The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) as Principal Recipient (PR) with funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB & HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus community PMTCT in the 5 LTR’s implementation states: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe, Plateau and Yobe States.
To this end, LTR is currently recruiting to fill the position of State Technical Officers to join the Program Management Unit (PMU) of the Organization as follows:
- Job Title: State Technical Officer
- Job Reference Number: LTR (PMU)/_2023/STO/001
- Location: Adamawa / Borno / Gombe / Yobe / Plateau States
- Reports to: Program Officer
Provide technical guidance to facility and community implementers to ensure the provision of quality TB/HIV services in the state with key attention to all indicators as contained in the Global Fund (GF) PPM GC7 Grant.
- Management, coordination, and supervision of all TB program activities in the assigned State.
- Provision of managerial and technical support to assigned PfPs/FBOs in the provision of TB services.
- Supervising treatment by other health workers in supported PfPs/FBOs and ensuring that the National guidelines are followed.
- Maintaining active collaboration with national, State, and LGAs including non-governmental organizations and voluntary agencies working in the TB program in assigned.
- Organization of periodic reviews and evaluations of partner facilities' Performance.
- Identify community-based structures to drive demand and expansion of TB services into hard-to-reach areas in communities.
- Participate and facilitate the participation of local PfPs/FBOs in all TB forums at local/state level and provide updates as required.
- Ensure integration of local PFPs/FBOs into the state and LGA level TB program and reporting network.
- Deploy job aids and TB resources to HCWs in facilities and congregations within the community.
- Ensure that project reports are developed and submitted on time and are of good quality, and that the evidence they contain is accurately captured and submitted monthly to the Program Advisor.
- Conduct supportive and supervisory visits to TB and HIV care facilities, prepare reports on supervisory visits, and provide remedial actions on constraints to the district/regional/national and the facilities visited.
- Work closely with State/LGTBLS officers and support state TB/HIV Partners’ forum to coordinate partners support and implementation of key intervention areas.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the program officer.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, project management or related fields.
- A master’s degree in public health, project management or related fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in public health and health systems programs.
- Implementation of Global Fund (GF) grant is an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in TB/HIV and Understands various technicalities in implementing TB/HIV related grants in both Private facilities and the community.
- Experience of Implementation of Global Fund (GF) grant is an added advantage.
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills.
- Knowledge of health systems issues in Nigeria.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively.
- Demonstrable track record of achievements in public health programs.
How to Apply:
The subject of your mail should be “LTR (PMU)/_2023/STO/001-STATE”.
- E.g - Applicants for the position for Gombe State should use “LTR (PMU)/_2023/STO/001-GOMBE STATE”.
- Applicants for the position for Yobe State should use “LTR (PMU)/_2023/STO/001-YOBE STATE” and so on for other states.
Please note that candidates with the wrong subject in their email stand a chance of being disqualified.
Wednesday, 31st January 2024.