Assistant Finance Officer
The Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief (LTR) Initiative Nigeria formerly NLR Nigeria is a non-governmental organization which has been working with Nigeria Government in promoting and supporting directly and indirectly the total eradication of Leprosy and Tuberculosis as well as their consequences in Nigeria.
LTR, through The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) as Principal Recipient (PR) with funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB & HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus community PMTCT in the 5 LTR’s implementation states: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe, Plateau and Yobe States.
To this end, LTR is currently recruiting to fill the position of an Assistant Finance Officer to join the Finance Unit of the Organization as follows:
- Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer
- Job Reference Number: LTR (FAU)/_2023/AFO/001
- Location: Jos, Plateau State
- Reports to: Head of Finance
The Assistant Finance Officer (Global Fund GC7 Grant) will assist in management of Accounts payable and receivable functions such as preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, journal vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, and entering financial records in the organization’s accounting software.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance (HOF), S/he will provide direct support to the program implementation team and operations on the general management of Global Fund (GF) PPM GC7 Grant.
- The day-to-day fiscal controls of all projects assigned to him/her in collaboration with budget holders.
- Responsible for daily entry of financial information and maintaining of financial records in the organization’s financial management system (QuickBooks/or excel sheets).
- Maintenance of Cash Books and preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Function as a grant officer for the Global Fund (GF) GC7 Grant.
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners.
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s).
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centres & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis.
- Remittance of WHT and other statutory deductions on a monthly basis.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the Head of Finance.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Possession of a B.Sc or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences.
- Membership or part certification in professional association i.e. ICAN, ACCA or recognized equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in an NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
- Experience of Implementation of Global Fund (GF) grant is an added advantage.
- Applicants should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office, Excel etc.)
- Good working knowledge of the QuickBooks software.
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication.
- Ability to relate with subordinates, colleagues, and superiors.
- Innovative with sound mind.
How to Apply:
The subject of your mail should be “LTR (FAU)/_2023/AFO/001”.
Please note that candidates with the wrong subject in their email stand a chance of being disqualified.
Wednesday, 31st January 2024.