The Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief (LTR) Initiative Nigeria formerly NLR Nigeria is a non-governmental organization which has been working with Nigeria Government in promoting and supporting directly and indirectly the total eradication of Leprosy and Tuberculosis as well as their consequences in Nigeria.
LTR is currently recruiting to fill the position of a Medical Advisor (MA) to join the Program Management Unit (PMU) of the Organisation as follows:
- Job Title: Medical Advisor (MA)
- Job Reference Number: LTR (PMU)/_2023/MA/001
- Location: Jos, Plateau State
The Medical Advisor (MA) together with other team members will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the implementation of various grants including the Global Fund (GF) Grant.
- To coordinate the technical aspects of the implementation of the Global Fund (GF) GC7 Grant with specific tasks.
- To coordinate the implementation of TB prevention and treatment work plans.
- To participate in the donor progress report writing that includes quarterly, semesterly and annual progress reports.
- To support the team lead in the effective management of various grants including the Global Fund (GF) grant to achieve desired programme results.
- To provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at the community, LGA and state levels.
- To monitor implementation of work plans and timely reporting to the donor.
- To provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project performance reviews, assessing progress in an objective manner.
- To Work with Project Director / technical team members to ensure provider-driven technical assistance is available to the partners’ facilities and states.
- To carry out regular technical assistance visits to the facilities with ongoing on-the-job training to partners.
- To maintain good working relationships with implementing entities.
- To provide technical support and mentorship in the implementation of the TBL prevention and treatment service delivery at the facility level.
- To provide technical support and mentorship in the implementation of TB/HIV prevention and treatment service delivery at the facility level.
- To support the monitoring and supervision of grant activities.
- To support Program Management Lead/State Team Lead in the preparation of monthly or quarterly activity and reports as may be required for submission to relevant stakeholders promptly.
- To work with Project Director in the development of the annual budget and signing of sub-agreement.
- To perform other duties as may be required by the Executive Director.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree in public health, project management or related fields.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in public health and health systems programs.
- Implementation of Global Fund (GF) grant is an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in Leprosy and Understands various technicalities in implementing leprosy related grants.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level Government officials, NGOs, private sector, development agencies, implementing partners and donor organizations.
- Work experience in the Nigeria health system.
- Strong management, supervisory, and capacity building skills.
- Knowledge of health systems issues in Nigeria.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to respond effectively.
- Demonstrable track record of achievements in public health programs.
How to Apply:
Friday, 8th December 2023.