Head of Administration (HOA)
The Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief (LTR) Initiative Nigeria formerly NLR Nigeria is a non-governmental organization which has been working with Nigeria Government in promoting and supporting directly and indirectly the total eradication of Leprosy and Tuberculosis as well as their consequences in Nigeria.
LTR, through The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) as Principal Recipient (PR) with funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB & HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus community PMTCT in the 5 LTR’s implementation states: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe, Plateau and Yobe States.
To this end, LTR is currently recruiting to fill the position of a Head of Administration (HOA) to join the Finance & Administration Unit of the Organization as follows:
- Job Title: Head Of Administration (HOA)
- Job Reference Number: LTR (FAU)/_2023/HOA/001
- Location: Jos, Plateau State
- Reports to: Executive Director
The Head of Administration (HOA) will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the implementation of the GC7 grant, which include providing support to program implementation team and other employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing LTR’s general administrative activities which include logistical support services to the program implementation team and operations of the general office management of the Global Fund (GF) GC7 grant.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of Global Fund (GF) GC7 grant.
- Ensure effective management of day-to-day operations of the office.
- Support coordinating internal and external meetings, trainings, venues, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments particularly during multiple meetings.
- Work with team for logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with program management unit on team itineraries, appointments according to schedules developed by department members.
- Assist in documentation and archiving of program documents.
- Arrange travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Coordinate staff meetings, set up conference rooms and meeting room, ordering, and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and write reports as requested, file records of all meetings.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff and meeting attendees.
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Collate and file quarterly, monthly, and weekly reports and harmonize quarterly and monthly work plans.
- Make travel arrangements as requested by program staff and facilitate retirement of trips by staff.
- Tracking of the Global Fund (GF) GC7 grant work plans and activities.
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise security staffs.
- Conduct weekly and monthly supervision of office motor vehicles as well as the drivers with daily vehicle check list.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Possession of a B.Sc or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business administration or any of the Social Sciences.
- Professional certification in recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in an NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
- Experience of Implementation of Global Fund (GF) grant is an added advantage.
- Proven experience as an Administrative Officer.
- Applicants should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, photocopier, computers etc.
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
How to Apply:
The subject of your mail should be “LTR (FAU)/_2023/HOA/001”.
Please note that candidates with the wrong subject in their email stand a chance of being disqualified.
Wednesday, 31st January 2024.