The Leprosy and Tuberculosis Relief (LTR) Initiative Nigeria formerly NLR Nigeria is a non-governmental organization which has been working with Nigeria Government in promoting and supporting directly and indirectly the total eradication of Leprosy and Tuberculosis as well as their consequences in Nigeria.
LTR, through The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) as Principal Recipient (PR) with funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB & HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus community PMTCT in the 5 LTR’s implementation states: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe, Plateau and Yobe States.
To this end, LTR is currently recruiting to fill the position of State Drivers as follows:
- Job Title: State Driver
- Job Reference Number: LTR (FAU)/_2023/SD/001
- Location: Adamawa / Borno / Gombe / Yobe States
- Reports to: State Technical Officer
The State Driver supports the logistic of the GC7 grant in their respective State under the supervision of the State Technical Officer.
- Day-to-day Routine checks of assigned vehicle.
- Keeping of Log sheet Paying Attention to all road signs and make minor repairs when necessary.
- Paying Attention to all road signs and make minor repairs when necessary.
- Perform Administrative support.
- Conduct maintenance checks of project vehicles and report any replenishment/replacement required on/damage and/ or malfunctioning of any vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and serviced Keep fuel tracking, vehicle service, and maintenance log.
- To convey Staff, personnel, and VIPs to assigned destination.
- Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Ensure that all vehicles are always fueled and maintain a minimum of half a tank at all times.
- Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning, and vehicle maintenance.
- Interact with staff, clients and guests professionally at all times.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Relevant Diploma, SSCE, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in similar position in an NGO sector.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Defensive Driving experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in use of computer and vehicle software.
How to Apply:
The subject of your mail should be “LTR (FAU)/_2023/SD/001-STATE”.
- E.g - Applicants for the position for Gombe State should use “LTR (FAU)/_2023/SD/001-GOMBE STATE”.
- Applicants for the position for Yobe State should use “LTR (FAU)/_2023/SD/001-YOBE STATE” and so on for other states.
Please note that candidates with the wrong subject in their email stand a chance of being disqualified.
Wednesday, 31st January 2024.